How to join
and program participants
What its all about
Where it all happens
Things to do
and art auction
Stuff to buy
and ad sales
Short Story Contest
Rules and regs
with Lou Anders!
Get to know us
Drop us a line
Frequently asked questions
Others of interest
FenCon VIII/DSC 49
A Fan-Operated Science Fiction and Fantasy Literary and Filk
Convention in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Join the FenCon VIII Team
Serving on the FenCon team as a volunteer is a great way to meet
new people and to help out with various areas of the convention. Whether you can
work one shift or several, we need your help. FenCon is "of the fen, by the fen,
for the fen" and this is a classic "by the fen" opportunity.
What's in it for me? You mean besides meeting
new people and the warm glow you get from a job well done? How about this:
All team members who work at least 12 hours during FenCon VIII will
receive a free regular membership to FenCon IX in 2012. We will,
of course split this time into multiple shifts and try to accomodate your
schedule. Spend a little time with us now, save some cash in the future.
If you want to join the FenCon team, send an e-mail to
your contact information and interests plus any questions or comments.
FenCon Team Rules & Regulations
- All team members must be 17 years of age or older. Persons under 17 may sign up with
parental permission and a signed consent form (available from the team coordinator).
- Each person will be assigned to an area (registration, con-suite, sound, gaming, art show,
and so on) as needed. Always check in with the team coordinator first so that we know
you have arrived and that we can pass on any last-minute updates to the schedule.
- You will be representing FenCon while serving on the FenCon team, so please be courteous
and helpful to each other, the other departments, the guests, and our members.
- Team members will not be allowed to consume alcohol or be intoxicated while on duty.
- All team members must abide by the convention rules.
- All team members must register and pay for their memberships before checking in with
the team coordinator.
- All team members must complete the Team Form (available from the team coordinator)
before receiving a convention badge. This includes a signed statement that you
have read and received a copy of the current team rules.
Got cash flow issues? We have a reduced "team member" membership rate with
limited benefits. These memberships are not eligible to participate in the rollover program
for a free FenCon IX membership as described above.
E-mail our team coordinator for more details.
Last updated 27 September 2011